From Our President
Happy New Year! May your upcoming year be a sweet one. In the secular New Year we often make resolutions to help us gain balance in our life. When it comes to living life to the fullest, here are several ideas to help you achieve them. First is to be fully engaged in what really matters. Second, be mindful of the present moment. Third, transform past mistakes and regrets into self-improvements. Fourth, do not miss any opportunity to develop your full potentials. Next, love others. Also make a positive difference to develop your full potentials. Always live freely, courageous and vitally in spite of the awareness of death. And last, maintain an appreciative attitude towards life.
At CEEBJ, the Women of Emanu-El, an affiliate of the Woman of Reform Judaism (WRJ), continues to be to advocate for those without a voice. We reach into the lives of many. We are able to do so with your participation in the activities that we sponsor throughout the year.
- WE appreciate the many sponsors for the Shana Tova Card Fundraiser.
- WE appreciate the many sponsors for the Rosh Hashanah Honey Fundraiser.
- Please read through your membership booklet that features the artwork of Barbara Kohl-Spiro. Please join us by sending in your membership form below.
- On September 12 the first Mah Jongg and Munchies of the year was held with a large attendance. Thank you Sara Cherny and Judy Lerner for organizing this event.
- The Special Needs Luncheon Championed by Ruth Treisman, Edie Pump and Naomi Arbit will take place on October 10. Thank you to these incredible women who continue to give back to CEEBJ and WE championing this event for many years.
- Please join us as Author “Maggie Anton” enlightens us discussing her new book “Fifty Shades of Talmud.” Books will be on sale ($6.95) and she will be delighted to sign your copy with a personal message. THE EVENT IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE COMMUNITY!
Stronger together, we ensure that these women make a difference in the world.