- Shabbat B’yahad, February 17. Bring your own dinner and stay for family friendly services! Dinner begins at 6 pm and services start at 7 pm.
- Havdalah and a Movie, February 18, 5:00 – 8:00pm. Bring the kids in their jammies and make sure to bring sleeping bags and pillows. Pizza will be served.
- Temple Tots Purim Prep Program, February 26, 9:30 – 10:30am.
- Yahad Kids Club Game Day, February 26, 11:30am. Bring your favorite board or card came. We will provide lunch and begin right after Sunday school at 11:30 and run through 1:00 pm.
Check the calendar for event details.
YACHAD (Hebrew for “Together”)
YACHAD, our family programming group, is geared for families with elementary school children.
Whether you’re looking to build community beyond the walls of the religious school classroom, an opportunity to connect your MJDS student to the synagogue community, or a chance to spend time bonding with other parents, YACHAD has an opportunity for you and your family!
From one time programs like the 2nd Annual Kugel Cook-off, to monthly opportunities to celebrate Shabbat with other families, to book club just for adults with Sunday morning free time (not just parents!), YACHAD has an event just for you.
- Havdalah Services: Saturday evening potluck dinner and services in winter
- Game Day after Sunday School
- Kids Day: meet for lunch and then recreational time
- Sandwich Making – Donation to Guest House: after Religious School
- Green Bay Packers Tailgate Party
For more information or to make sure you receive reminders about upcoming events, contact Rabbi Schaller at RabbiLLL@ceebj.org and make sure to mark these upcoming events on your family calendar.
Shabbat B’Yachad (Shabbat Together)
This service will be offered once a month so all families will have the opportunity to come together over a meal and then pray together in a unique, interactive, musical worship service.
Each Shabbat B’Yachad experience offers children of all ages and those young at heart to join together and worship in an energetic, fun service.
The Rabbis will try their best to keep this to a succinct one-hour service to accommodate early bedtimes.
Each month we’ll begin our meal at 6:00 p.m. and welcome Shabbat together with song, stories, and prayer at 7:00 p.m.
Click here to see our worship services calendar.
Our monthly meeting is for families with children between the ages of 3-4 years old and their adults on select Sunday Mornings from 9:30 to 10:30am. It is open to everyone in the community.
This is an opportunity for families to learn together, to get a taste of religious school style learning as a family, and to build community with other pre-school families.
Each month offers an opportunity to explore the values behind Jewish holidays and an opportunity to explore meaningful ways to live these values at home while participating in age appropriate projects and games together.
Leaders Caitlyn and Jody Lansing are excited to facilitate the program for a third year. Caitlyn is a junior at Homestead High School and her mother Jody is an elementary school teacher, currently working with 3rd graders at Milwaukee Jewish Day School.
To make sure you receive updates for future Temple Tots events, call the Life Long Learning Office at 414-228-7545 or email Rabbi Schaller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to see our full calendar of events.
Calling All Families in Need of Babysitters
Please call Liz Escobar at 414-841-0167 or email her at email@example.com. She can provide you with the YACHAD babysitting list. And if you know of a young adult who would like to baby sit, then keep reading….
Attention All 9th-12th Graders
Interested in babysitting in congregants’ homes and/or at temple during services and meetings?? YACHAD is putting together a babysitting list. If you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you. Please call Liz Escobar at 414-841-0167 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org